Saturday, July 12, 2008

Restaurant: Acme Hotdog and Sausage Company

This place sounds GREAT. You choose your dog, your bun and any topping you want.

I had the Boston Slaw dog and the Junkyard dog. The first had baked beans and cole slaw. The second had french fries, slaw and coney sauce. The idea was nice, but the bun was too chewy and the coney sauce was not good. I told Angie that I felt the bun was 'al dente.' A bun should never be al dente.

Sis had the Acme coney. "The bun was hard. The hot dog was dry. The coney sauce was nasty and it had seven onions and an ounce of cheese which is not enough for me. But my fries were rockin'."

Angie had a dog with peppers, onions and sweet relish. "I liked all of it. I thought it was great." She also had the baked beans. "I liked it. It had real bacon."

Mom had onion rings, mac and cheese and a milk shake. She doesn't like coneys.


Breakdown

Name: Acme Hotdog and Sausage Company
Address: 4989 Cleveland Ave, Columbus
Food: Hotdogs, Sausages and fair foods

Ratings
Service: 9 out of 10 - better fast food service
Atmosphere: 6 out of 10
Appetizers: 7 out of 10. We had fries and onion rings.
Drinks: 7 out of 10. Mom didn't love her milk shake.
Mains: 6 out of 10
Desserts: We didn't have any.
Overall: 7 out of 10

Recommendation?

My personal recommendation is to go to Phillip's Coney Island on North High Street and get the slaw dog there.

In fact, go to either Phillip's locations or George's and skip Acme altogether. It's not bad, but there's better in Columbus.

No comments: